SelectHealth is a nonprofit health insurance company serving its members in Utah, Idaho, and Nevada. SelectHealth offers members respect, convenience, excellent service, and affordable health coverage. The insurer has been nationally recognized for providing its members with quality healthcare at an affordable cost.
SelectHealth is an integrated subsidiary of Intermountain Healthcare. For more than 25 years they have been committed to helping members stay healthy, offering superior service, and providing access to the highest quality of care. Intermountain has been nationally recognized for providing quality healthcare at an affordable cost, and together with SelectHealth, maintaining the highest level of service. They share a mission of helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
SelectHealth was the first commercial health plan in Utah to receive "Excellent" Accreditation status by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) and they are a part of the Alliance of Community Health Plans.
SelectHealth Health Plans
SelectHealth aims to serve everyone in their community, with commercial medical and dental plans for large and small employers, individual and family plans, and government plans that include Medicare Advantage, Medicaid, and CHIP. They also have a full-service Pharmacy Benefit Manager called Scripius that provides prescription drug benefits.
Available in Utah, Idaho, and Nevada, SelectHealth's Individual plans are designed for individuals and families without employer-sponsored coverage or those who are looking for a better coverage solution. They provide both standard HMO/Plus products as well as High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) which is designed to be used with a Health Savings Account (HSA). Both plan designs are offered in conjunction with our three comprehensive provider networks. Individual plus plans offer a point-of-service or 'plus' feature. This means you can choose both participating and nonparticipating providers.
Under their SelectHealth Value network option, you can choose from 19 participating hospitals and over 1,100 participating physicians. The SelectHealth Med network option allows you to choose from 28 participating hospitals and over 3,000 participating physicians. The SelectHealth Care network option allows you to choose from 34 participating hospitals and over 3,700 participating physicians. Both Med and Care offer a point-of-service feature.
Plan options include HMO/Plus and HealthSave plans:
- The HMO/Plus offers deductible options that start as low as $250. You can select from a variety of copay and coinsurance options. Depending on the tier chosen for prescription drugs, you can pay as little as $10 for a 30-day supply of a generic drug.
- The HealthSave plan offers deductible options that start at $1,500 for single coverage and $3,000 for family coverage. The HealthSave plan is a high deductible health plan that is used in conjunction with a HSA. The HSA is a tax-advantaged account used to pay medical expenses funded by contributions from you on a pre-tax basis. Money can be withdrawn from the HSA to pay for qualified medical expenses.
SelectHealth sells Medicare Advantage plans in Utah, Idaho, and Nevada. Medicare Advantage plans are a great way to get comprehensive coverage that includes medical (doctors, hospitals, and clinics), dental, prescriptions, vision, and hearing in one easy-to-use insurance plan. They’re designed with seniors’ needs in mind and include extras such as:
- Wellness – Think gym reimbursements and incentives, or programs like Silver&Fit. Members can choose from a wide variety of ways to stay healthy.
- Over-the-counter allowances – This benefit allows members to get things like medical supplies and vitamins as part of their health plan.
- Companionship services – A benefit for every SelectHealth Medicare member, Papa is a service that provides companionship to members who might like help with light housework, a ride to the doctor’s office, or just someone to talk to.
Most SelectHealth Medicare plans are available at a $0 premium and many offer $0 cost-sharing such as $0 copays for doctor visits and a $0 deductible. Choose a plan with the right level of benefits and network for your needs.
In 2022, SelectHealth’s Medicare Advantage plans received the highest-possible rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), a 5-star rating. Medicare Star ratings are based on member satisfaction, plan, and provider services, and they demonstrate how well a health plan is doing on measures like these:
- Keeping members healthy
- Managing chronic long-term conditions
- Providing a superior member experience, from claims to coverage
- Addressing and avoiding complaints
Find a SelectHealth Medicare Plan
The team at ClearMatch™ Medicare is here to answer your Medicare questions and explain your options. We work with you to help you find the best SelectHealth Medicare plan that meets both your budget and your unique healthcare needs. Use our Plan Finder to review your options or call us toll-free to talk to one of our licensed Medicare agents.
5381 South Green Street
Murray, UT 84123
Find a Medicare Plan in your area
It’s FREE with no obligation
Speak with a Licensed Insurance Agent
M-F 9:00am-9:00pm | Sat 9:00am-3:00pm EST