Aetna Medicare Insurance Plans
Aetna Insurance Company launched 200 years ago, in 1819. Initially offering only fire insurance, the company did not enter the health insurance field until 1899. In the year 2000, Aetna's focus shifted entirely to health insurance. Today, it is one of America's leading managed healthcare companies. Aetna offers a wide range of Medicare plans as well as ancillary benefits such as wellness, vision, and fitness coverage.
Aetna Medicare Advantage Plans
As with all private Medicare providers, Aetna's Medicare Advantage (MA) plans vary according to where you live. Possible options include:
- HMO plans: Typically require beneficiaries to choose a primary care physician (PCP) within the plan's network. The PCP helps coordinate care with other providers in the network.
- HMO-POS plans: Most HMO-POS plans allow beneficiaries to see out-of-network providers for certain services at an additional cost.
- PPO plans: These plans allow the beneficiary to see any Medicare-approved provider who accepts Aetna's terms, in- or out-of-network.
- Dual Special Needs plans: Available to beneficiaries who qualify for both Medicare and Medicaid.
Many Aetna MA plans offer additional benefits and most offer prescription drug coverage. Again, additional benefits vary according to the plan you choose (and plan options vary according to where you live). Extra benefits may include:
- Resources for Living: A concierge service to help beneficiaries find healthcare resources in their area.
- SilverSneakers A fitness benefit designed to help members stay active and healthy.
- Ask a Nurse 24/7: Allows enrollees to talk to a registered nurse 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Prescription home delivery: Have your prescriptions delivered directly to your front door.
The licensed agents at ClearMatch™ Medicare can help you understand the Aetna Medicare Advantage plan options in your area.
Aetna Medicare Rx Plans
If you prefer to stay with Original Medicare, Aetna also offers three Medicare Part D (prescription drug) plans. These are available in all 50 states as well as Washington, D.C. Monthly premiums and yearly deductibles vary according to your state. Options include:
- Value Plus
All Aetna Medicare Rx plans offer free home delivery on tier one and two drugs when you use preferred pharmacies. Drug copays vary according to the plan and prescription. Gap coverage is also available.
Aetna Medicare Supplement Plans
Aetna also offers Medicare Supplement Plans (Medigap) to Original Medicare beneficiaries in most states. These plans help enrollees pay certain out-of-pocket costs (coverage varies depending on which Medigap plan you choose).
Find an Aetna Medicare Plan
Finding the right Aetna Medicare plan to meet your needs can be extremely confusing. The team at ClearMatch™ Medicare is here to help. We work with you to help you find the best plan that meets both your budget and your unique healthcare needs. Use our Plan Finder to review your options.
151 Farmington Avenue
Hartford, CT 06156